I get asked a lot about the floral arrangements that I make for smaller events. I've decided to post a step by step guide to the floral arrangement that I made for an event last week. They are a beautiful, easy and cost effective way to spruce up your next event.
1. Buy 2 bunches-1 bunch each of your favourite complimentary florals.
2. Buy a bag of floral sticks. These can be found at almost all floral and craft stores.
3. Buy a jar of floral rocks. Again these can be found in almost all floral and craft stores.
3. Select square or rectangular vase in colour of your choosing. Clear vases are always an option but why not try a black, navy, or purple vase?
4. Fill the vase about half-way with floral rocks. Pour water on top of rocks to about 3/4 full.
5. Measure the height of your vase, add 2-3 inches and cut your floral stems accordingly. You may need to trim the leaves.
6. Place the florals--larger variety first, followed by the smaller buds. Alternate colours and don't be afraid to experiment with placement--things don't need to be symmetrical. The rocks should act as secure anchors for the stems.
7. Take your bag of floral sticks. Cut them to approximately twice the height of your arrangement-again you can play with size here.
Throw out a few candles and you're done!
Don't forget to visit our new Facebook page for more tips!